This recipe for Instant Pot meatballs is a family favourite at our table! Check out the video and full recipe below.
Did you know that I have a YouTube channel??? It’s true! The Family Table recently joined YouTube, where I’m sharing recipe videos (like this one!), nutrition tips, and more. Check it out and subscribe so you don’t miss updates 🙂
Aaaaanyway, getting back to the meatballs. I had some ground turkey that I had intended for another purpose, but sometimes even though you have a meal plan in place, things happen and the meal you wanted to make just didn’t happen (it was supposed to be turkey chili, also in the Instant Pot, but our week got a bit mixed around). So instead, I looked up some recipes and came up with this recipe for Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs!
They’re a little sweet, a little salty, a little sticky, and sooooooo moist that they just melt in your mouth. This is also a great recipe for kids to help out with, since they can get their hands dirty (or not, as my kiddo decided), mix stuff up, press buttons on the Instant Pot, and just get involved! The meatballs are delicious served on rice, noodles, or steamed veggies!
Instant Pot Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp milk (or 1 egg)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (would also be great with green onions)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup no salt added chicken stock
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp oil (I used canola because I was out of sesame, but you can use either)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl. Combine and form into meatballs. Depending on the desired size, you will get between 12-16 meatballs.
- Add all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Mix well so that there are no lumps from the cornstarch.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute mode. Add another 1 Tbsp oil.
- Brown the meatballs on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. You may need to do this in batches to prevent overcrowding. Some pieces will stick to the pot, that’s ok, you’ll get them in a moment.
- Remove meatballs from the Instant Pot and turn saute function off. Pour a small amount of sauce into the pot to deglaze, and use a spoon to scrape up all the browned turkey bits.
- Add the turkey meatballs back to the pot, and pour the remaining sauce overtop. Put the lid on the pot and ensure that the vent is sealed.
- Press “manual” and set the Instant Pot to cook for 10 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release.
- Open the lid and stir meatballs in their sauce to coat.
- Serve on rice, noodles, or steamed vegetables, with a little drizzle of the sauce. Optional: add a sprinkle of sesame seeds and sliced green onions for extra yum!
What’s your favourite dish to cook in the Instant Pot?